mid summer, paris
the temperatures are dropping below 60 degrees probably to compensate for the canicule that swept up paris just a few days ago.
i am wearing flannel and a jacket in my new office, which is actually a converted warehouse. the doors are open and i am not sure if they can close.
the offices belong to les pain surprises, an artist collective made up of a label (or two, not totally sure yet), a burgeoning clothing brand, and a film production company.
Monday, July 27, 2015
two young girls wear the same outfits although they are different heights. there must have been a deal -- buy in bulk, bulks of two. cats dominate the city and behave unlike their american counterparts.
i speak with a man has just begun working at a turkish delight stand in the spice bazaar and he gives me samples. he learned english by reading classic literature. he speaks with flowery language. i wish i intended to actually buy his products.
Friday, July 24, 2015
- be skeptical of official statistics and the policies of world superpowers
- value art and claim a practice
- speak about where you've been and where you're going
- have recently quit a job
- possess abstract philosophical aspirations
- express exasperation with traditional employment
- speak english